Tuesday, July 12, 2011

You are a Murderer of Love!

Have you seen Dan in Real Life with Steve Carell? If you haven't, I'm sorry, and you must rent it tout de suite. Dan is a father of many girls. One of them is a teenager who's fallen in love for the first time. Being a protective father he demands that his daughter stop seeing her boyfriend (or something to that effect). In a rage, said daughter screams at him, "You are a murderer of love!" I have never laughed so hard in all my life, and I have never felt more connected to a teenager either. This is how we feel as teenagers. This is how I felt as a teenager, and I miss it, which is why I love a good teenage fanfic. This new category, You are a Murderer of Love, will encompass teenager fanfiction of all genres. Unlike Growing Up with Bella recs, which encompass conception to adulthood, these fics start with Bella/Edward/Jacob/Whomever as teenagers. I've reviewed a lot of fics that have teenagers in them, but the feel here is high school and teen drama, essentially.

Team Edward
The Give Away Girl
The Tutor
My Sweet Variable by Lifeinthesnow
Best Laid Schemes
Malicious by Rochelle Allison
Starry Eyed Inside
Dead on my Feet
Green
Tropic of Virgo
Wide Awake

Team Jacob
Breakdown and This is the Night
Better Now
Two Virgins, One Backseat

No comments:

Post a Comment