Friday, February 3, 2012

Best Laid Schemes by EZRocksAngel




http://www.fanfiction.net/s/6644527/1/Best_Laid_Schemes by EZRocksAngel
Bella makes a deal that turns her world upside down.

Have you seen Easy A with Emma Stone? Did you love it? If so, then you'll love this fic. At 16 chapters, this story is a quick read. AS it is written by EZRocksAngel it is a good read. Not only is it witty and laugh out loud funny but it boasts realistic high school teens (which you know I love) and a well thought out plot. 


Bella pretends to have sex with her best friend, Jake, who's gay. Others find out about which does two things. 1. helps Jake to maintain his non-gay status and 2. creates a whore image for Bella which best fried, Alice, encourages her to embrace. Bella longtime crush and friend Edward takes notice of Bella's new choice of clothing and new choice3 of friends, mainly boys. 


Best frineds Jasper and Edward even quarrel over her (no they didn't have a duel at dawn), and eventually Bella chooses to "date" Jasper to entice Edward, and it works! 


Fed up with Edward's ability to restrain himself since Bella's dating his best friend, she pulls out the big guns -- her boobs. 


"For me?" He asked after I buckled my seat belt. I tried to ignore his blue eyes bulging out at my chest. His jaw dropped too, just a bit.

"Shut up."

"Dude, they're in my face. How can I not look?"

"Maybe you should think about your actual girlfriend," I shot back.

He had the good sense to look a tiny bit guilty. "I think Alice would understand. She's seen your rack before, right?"

I punched him on the arm as hard as possible but he didn't even flinch. "At least you admit she's your girlfriend."

"Oh, yeah. That girl..." he trailed off with a big, goofy grin on his face. I rolled my eyes and shifted in my seat, searching in my bag for my project outline. When I looked up, he was staring at my boobs again.

"Jasper!"

"I'm serious Bella. Those things are lethal." He turned into the parking lot of the library and found a spot with ease. "You're gonna kill him you know."

I unlatched my seat belt and adjusted my shirt. We were acknowledging this. Good. "I know. He has it coming."

"I don't know..."

"He does. He thinks I'm trashy and obviously nothing will change his mind. I may as well make him sweat." I was being stupid, I knew it, but at the same time, so was Edward. He was either my friend or not. The judgments needed to go. "I don't expect you to side with me over him, but his little game of hot and cold is growing thin." I opened the door, stood up, and straightened my coat. "This is payback."

. . .

"I completed the first three questions."

"Great," I said. I unbuttoned my coat before turning to hang it on the back of my chair. "Do you want me to work on the next three?"

"I, um, yeah, um..." I heard his pencil drop on the tabletop.

I steeled myself. I had gotten pretty comfortable with revealing my body over the last several weeks, but the look on Edward's face was enough to cause me to blush. He was completely flummoxed. I leaned over. "Questions four through seven?"

"Um," His eyes darted from my chest back to his paper. "Yes."

"Okay," I said, arranging my books and paperwork. I made an exaggerated effort to lean on one elbow. We worked quietly for a while, only talking when we needed something from one another. Edward was blatantly avoiding eye contact and struggling to focus on his paper-that was, until I caught him, jaw slack and staring.

"Is something wrong?" I may have twirled some hair around my finger. Maybe.

He blinked. "Um...I think you may have the wrong formula for number five."

"Really?" I asked. Because I didn't.

He snatched the paper and busied himself reviewing it. "Oh, no. I guess not."

"Sure?"

He glanced over at Jasper, who was still ignoring us, like he could save Edward from being the bumbling idiot he was. "Yes, I'm sure."

"Good," I said. "I'll be over in the reference section. I'm missing something for question seven." I stood and adjusted my boot on the seat. He didn't even try to not look. Edward had reached a point of no return. He couldn't keep his eyes off my chest or ass or anything else. Too bad for him he thought he was too good for me.

I walked away, stealing a glance before I slipped around the corner of the bookshelves and saw him drop his head to the table. Sucker. If he was going to make me feel like shit, then I was happy to make him feel shittier.

Ten minutes later, I found the book I wanted. I had just pulled it from the shelf when I felt him behind me. Close behind me. I froze, trying to think of my next move. Should I get on my tip-toes and reach for a high book, exposing the skin around my waist? Should I pout and act confused-damsel in distressy?

Before I could decide, he moved first.

"Why are you doing this?"

"Why are you being such a dick?" I countered, feigning nonchalance. And then I felt it. His hand was on my hip and his chest was on my back. And it was just...whatthefuck?

"What are you doing?" I asked, pulling forward, only to feel his grip tighten.

"It's not fair." He said in a low voice. He sounded angry. "You doing this all the time and me...just resisting."

I struggled and turned around. My face almost pressed in his chest, he was so close. When I looked up I could see a manic look on his face. "What do you mean resisting?"

"I mean," he looked around and his tongue darted out between his lips. "I just want..." And then he pushed my back against the hard row of books and kissed me. Hard. On the mouth. And because I'm a fool and have loved him forever, I kissed him back, lacing my fingers through the short, soft hair on his neck. Then less hard and more gentle, I felt his tongue touch against my own and it made my stomach ache. He tasted good and felt good and it was Edward, the only boy I had ever really wanted to kiss.


Gah! This fic has some great zingers, great old fashioned age-appropriate groping, and sexual tension. Edward was sweet yet horny and dumb boy and just perfect. Bella's POV is perfection. She's down to earth and confident, but smart and witty and likable. I loved it, loved it, loved it!

Team Jacob Safe if you're okay with him being the gay best friend. He's a good guy in this one.
Smut-o-meter: Just kissing and groping. Woot!
You Are a Murderer of Love

No comments:

Post a Comment