Thursday, February 2, 2012

Edward/Bella Quick Reads

I recently did a review for Words Like Art by ltlerthqak for The Fictionators, and it got me thinking about all the good, quick reads I've found. Just wanted to share a few of my favorites here.

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/7060917/1/Words_Like_Art by Ltlerthqak
Every open door offers the chance of a great story. Ours started with a slip of pink paper...
Twilight - Rated: T - English - Romance - Chapters: 4 - Words: 10,819 - Reviews: 248 - Updated: 6-23-11 - Published: 6-7-11 - Bella & Edward - Complete

See my review for this story at  The Fictionators .


http://www.fanfiction.net/s/7455164/1/Golden_Boy by Stella Luna Sky
The first time I saw him, he was the defeated quarterback of my school's rival team. I'm still not sure why I talked to him, but I know it's the smartest thing I've ever done. One shot, AU/AH, M.
Twilight - Rated: M - English - Romance/Friendship - Chapters: 1 - Words: 9,669 - Reviews: 395 - Published: 10-11-11 - Bella & Edward - Complete

This fic is super sweet and so real to life and how you get to know people in high school. Both Edward and Bella are likable in this simple story of young love. Plus, there's TP involved. I mean, come on!

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5588268/1/Secrets_and_Santas by Stella Luna Sky
When Bella is assigned quiet Edward Masen for her secret Santa, she has no clue what to get him. The plan: get to know him. The outcome: what she could have never anticipated. One-shot written for ohthosecullenboys and Fandom Gives Back. rated for lang.
Twilight - Rated: T - English - Romance - Chapters: 1 - Words: 6,595 - Reviews: 312 - Published: 12-17-09 - Bella & Edward - Complete

Totally cute story about getting to know a boy and the mistakes we make as kids. Super sweet Edward and a Bella that was truly raised by a man. She calls herself an asshole. I love it!

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/7779536/1/Lost_and_Found by Alby Mangroves
Winner of Judges' Choice award and Winner of Most Romantic award in the Twilight of Craigslist contest. He finds a camera, and his courage. She finds a mysterious, romantic ad. Fate finds them both. AH, Romance.
Twilight - Rated: T - English - Romance - Chapters: 1 - Words: 5,100 - Reviews: 31 - Published: 1-27-12 - Bella & Edward - Complete

Written in third person, this story is refreshingly tame and about the longing we feel when we want to meet someone but feel too shy or unworthy. Both characters are sweet (apparently, I like that) and their thoughts and words are apt for who they are. Edward's words in particular made me giggle. Read these brief excerpt, and I dare you to not fall in love with this story, this Edward. 

"He adjusts his glasses and scruffs the stubble peppered over his jaw, thinking."

*gulp*

Yeah, go read it.

Stolen Moments banner
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/7148841/1/Stolen_Moments by Tkegl
On the eve of her birthday – for as long as she can remember – she's dreamed of him. But the dreams fade away in the morning light, as dreams are known to do…and Bella's not sure if the love of her life…is actually a figment of her imagination. AH
Twilight - Rated: M - English - Romance/Supernatural - Chapters: 1 - Words: 9,196 - Reviews: 230 - Published: 7-5-11 - Bella & Edward - Complete

Oh my goodness . . . this story . . . I can't even . . . I want her to expand this so bad. I would pay her to do it. You hear that, Tkegl! Write this full story, please!!!

Bella dreams about Edward every birthday eve, but when she wakes up she can't remember the details. She knows who he is, what he's like, what he wants, and how she loves him, but she can't remember the most important parts -- like where he is in the real world so she can find him or if he's even real.

Bella finally chooses to move on since she has no way to get to Edward if there is an Edward. She can't live her life for one night a year, can she? Can she? Oh my gosh, I wish she could. She dates someone, does the romance thing, but can't get her dream man out of her mind. 

Is he even real? If so, can they find each other in the real world? 

This story is beyond romantic. It tugs at my heart and makes me swoony and weepy. I just want these two love birds to be together. Beautifully written with fabulous imagery and lovely prose. Sigh. Go read it!

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/6357098/1/Madonna_Metal_Molly_Ringwald_Movies by Tkegl
3rd Place, Literotica winner in Age of Edward Contest. It's the 80's. Bella's a head-banging Rocker with a soft spot for Molly Ringwald. Edward's a preppy Jock with a soft spot for Bella. They're from two different worlds... can their romance survive?
Twilight - Rated: M - English - Romance - Chapters: 1 - Words: 13,144 - Reviews: 141 - Published: 9-27-10 - Bella & Edward - Complete

I really like this one. Very simple stroy line of star crossed-ish lovers, but well written and fun. I kinda like the bird that this story flips at judgmental posers. Booyah!

Community Service Banner
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5835994/1/Community_Service by Tkegl
After an arrest for indecent exposure, Bella is ordered to perform community service at a local nursing home where Edward is a volunteer. Bella's intrigued, but she figures he's way too good to be interested in a bad girl like her. She figures wrong.
Twilight - Rated: M - English - Romance/Drama - Chapters: 1 - Words: 7,778 - Reviews: 126 - Published: 3-22-10 - Edward & Bella

Dude! Sweet Edward who volunteers at an old folks home in his free time. What else do you need?

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5784725/1/Boardwalk_Nights by tellingmelies
My one shot written for mskathy's Haiti compilation. A summer full of firsts: first real kiss, first times, and first loves.
Twilight - Rated: M - English - Romance/Humor - Chapters: 2 - Words: 11,402 - Reviews: 123 - Updated: 8-12-11 - Published: 2-28-10 - Bella & Edward - Complete

This two-shot pulls you in and makes you feel nostalgic for summer and young love. The first chapter leaves you hopeful, and the second chapter brings on reality. I love that. Not many fics surprise me, but this one did. Not everything works out perfectly and sometimes we have to fight for what we want. Loved this sweet story.

Have any sweet short fics to recommend to me? I'd love to hear about any that you'd like to share.
Happy Reading,
Purely

No comments:

Post a Comment