Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Take What You Want Tidbits Chapter 15



Tumblr_lsyzd7lffn1qhyxkjo1_500_largeExcerpt . . .

I tackle the large double slide and plummet back down face first. Edward follows suit and comes down the matching side of the slide, and we face each other. “Is this weird?” he asks.

 “Totally weird. You haven’t insulted me once.”

“Wanna make out?”

“No,” I giggle and pinch him.

“Boo! You’re a crappy girlfriend.”

“I’m not your girlfriend. Ew! Edward Cullen’s girlfriend? Who said I wanted to be your girlfriend?”

“Doesn’t matter anyway now. Goal accomplished.” He folds his arms over his chest proudly.

I sit up, getting a head rush from being upside down.

“You’re on my list.” He licks his lips seductively.

“Ahhh, I’m on a list with Stanley? Dammit! Why do you have to be so—”

“Hot? Ruggedly handsome? Babelicious? Intelligent? Good at dancing? Delicious?”

“Stupid,” I finish.

He gets up and pulls me to the swings, then yells for Bart to stay close. We twist side by side, and I can feel his eyes on me.

“What?” I say annoyed.

“You’re a good kisser.”

I can’t say anything to that. First, there’s no immediate insult, and now he’s complimenting me. This is bizarre and is seriously wigging me out.

“Why are you looking at me like that?” I ask, frowning.

“I’m not looking at you like anything.”

“Yes, you are.

“Okay, fine, how was Mike?”

“As a kisser?”

“No as a barber, dummy.” That’s better. I like the banter. It’s us.

“He was fine.”

“Hmm.” Edward’s lips pucker like he’s sucking on a lemon.

“I’m not gonna lie and say he was bad. He wasn’t. And frankly, I hadn’t been kissed in so long I rather enjoyed kissing Mike.”

“Yuck.” Edward digs his toes in the sand and swivels his foot back and forth. “So . . . who before Mike?”

“Guy named Jake.”

“But that was forever ago.”

“Oh, yeah, you knew Jake, huh? From junior high.”

Img_914489_163034743_large
398419_3085934386884_1219627702_33385313_1895058345_n_large
Tumblr_lxld4hqbsv1r9ijbqo1_500_large
Tumblr_lxr7y8dpbt1r0csilo1_500_large
Tumblr_lx035une1w1r91otio1_500_large
20090225021958_large
Tumblr_lte4bbhy3h1r4yungo1_500_large

No comments:

Post a Comment