Tuesday, August 13, 2013

A to Z Survey

I saw this survey on Anna Reads and loved it so much I had to fill it out for myself.

Author you’ve read the most books from:
JK Rowling with Sarah Dessen a close second.


Best Sequel Ever:

Through the Ever Night, the sequel to Under the Never Sky, by Veronica Rossi.

Currently Reading:
The Lost Code by Kevin Emerson.

Drink of Choice While Reading:
Water.


E-reader or Physical Book?
iPhone.


Fictional Character You Probably Would Have Actually Dated in High School:
William Carter from Carter Finally Gets It by Brent Crawford. I would have fallen hard for this dork because he's not afraid to be stupid. (Dex is a close second from This Lullaby by Sarah Dessen.)


Glad You Gave This Book A Chance:
Sweethearts by Sara Zarr. This is not my typical cup of tea, and it was a hard book to read, but it was so, so worth it.

Hidden Gem Book:
The Carter series, starting with Carter Finally Gets It by Brent Crawford. This series made me laugh throughout and was so realistic. Plus, I loves me some stupid boy who joins drama and does jazz hands.


Important Moment in your Reading Life:
Reading The Girl Who Owned a City by OT Nelson in the seveth grade and reallizing girls, even my age, can be strong and independent and smart and resourceful. I needed to believe this, and this book did the job and thus changed my life.


Just Finished:
The Raven Boys by Maggie Stiefvater.

Kinds of Books You Won’t Read:
Historical fiction. No thank you.



Longest Book You’ve Read:
Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix by JK Rowling.


Major book hangover because of:
The List by Siohban Vivian because I wanted more from every character. I loved them all. They were so well developed that any one of them could've been the main voice for the entire book. Also, I can't stop thinking about it. This book sticks, and I think every female should read it.


Number of Bookcases You Own:
Two that are mine. Three more between the kids.


One Book You Have Read Multiple Times:
Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire by JK Rowling.

Preferred Place To Read:
My big couch under the window or my bed. I always read before I sleep.

Quote that inspires you/gives you all the feels from a book you’ve read:
"Just so you know,” I inform him, “one day, I’m going to get tired of sharing your affection with that coffee table and I’m going to make you choose.” “Just so you know,” he mimics me, “I would chop that table up and use it for firewood before I would ever choose anything over you."
Katja Millay (The Sea of Tranquility)


Reading Regret:
I've never read Catcher in the Rye, and I'm afraid to, afraid I won't like it.


Series You Started and Need to Finish (all books are out in series):
The Wicked Lovely series by Melissa Marr.


Three of your All-Time Favorite Books:
Eleanor and Park by Rainbow Rowell, The Sea of Tranquility by Katja Millay, Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire by JK Rowling.


Unapologetic Fangirl For:
Rainbow Rowell. I love her style of writing, her honesty, and she is fun to chat with on Twitter. :)


Very Excited for This Release More Than All the Others:
Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell with Allegiant by Veronica Roth as a close second.

Worst Bookish Habit:
I slop food on my books. Mostly chocolate.


X Marks The Spot: Start at the top left of your shelf and pick the 27th book:
The Time Travelor's Wife by Audrey Niffenegger. 

Your latest book purchase:
Shadow and Bone by Leigh Bardugo. 

ZZZ-snatcher book (last book that kept you up WAY late):
The Sea of Tranquility by Katja Millay. No regrets!

No comments:

Post a Comment