Saturday, June 29, 2013

Never Said I Didn't Chapter 13

Sad alone boy lonely on sofa | 9imagesChapter 13

“Go home, Edward.” She walks up her driveway and opens the front door, attempting to close it on me, but I barge inside. Charlie gapes at us from his chair in the living room, soda in hand. I don’t even care that he’s watching this mess unfold.

“You left prom for me, and I blew it. I know that. I made a mistake. Talk to me.”

“I don’t feel like it. I’m tired. I want to go to bed.”

“It’s Saturday. You’re going to shower, put on your boxers and tank, get your knee socks on, and watch Nick at Nite, and you know it.”

“You think you know me so well?”

“Yeah, I do.”

“Then how could you be so stupid and say something so unbelievably insensitive to me? Do you know how much courage it took to say goodbye to Jake? To ask him to take me home early?”

“That must’ve been hard.”  

“Not as hard as this.” She storms down the hallway, enters her room, and slams the door.

I growl my frustration and wrap my hands around the brim of my stupid team hat, crushing it.

“Looks like you shoulda asked her to prom to begin with,” Charlie says from his chair.

“Yeah,” I say and slump onto the couch.

“Rough night?” Charlie sips his drink and returns his attention to the TV like this is a normal night.

“Bella went with Jake to prom, I said something stupid, and now she hates me. Again.” I throw my hands down on the couch cushions dramatically.

No comments:

Post a Comment