Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Never Said I Didn't Chapter 14

Twitter / Recent images by @ceceskyChapter 14

A few minutes pass. Bella’s quiet, so I guess they got her calmed down or she’s getting her bat. I smile at the thought, and then my curtain parts and a whirl of brown hair enters my room. She’s in my old JV Cullen jersey, knee socks, and nothing else I can see. She looks just . . . ugh . . . I want my hands on her. Good thing I’m in a hospital. If I have a heart attack everything will be okay.

She takes me in from head to toe, and her eyes narrow, focusing on the gash above my eyebrow.

“They wouldn’t let me call—”

Bella covers her mouth with her finger, shushing me and pointing wildly at the curtain. So she snuck in, I guess.

She walks slowly to the head of the bed, keeping eye contact with me. “Are you okay?” she asks, voice quiet.

“Yeah, are you?”

Bella shakes her head, eyes closed, and a few tears slip down her cheeks. I reach for her hand and lace my fingers with hers. Her eyes open, though she blinks furiously, getting rid of the wetness there. She’s always hated crying.

“Don’t cry,” I say, giving her hand a shake and smiling softly.

“I can’t help it,” she whispers, leaning over me, stroking my brow carefully.

I close my eyes and enjoy the feel of her hand on me. She runs it down my cheek and, to my surprise, kisses me. It’s soft and sensual at the same time, making me want to pull her down into this bed so I can really kiss her properly. 

She leaves me dazed, lips puckered, needing more when she pulls away and sits beside me.






Be Alright by Justin Bieber
Through the sorrow, and the fights,
Don't you worry
'cause everything's gonna be alright, ai-ai-ai-aight
Be alright, ai-ai-ai-aight

All alone, in my room
Waiting for your phone call to come soon
And for you, oh, I would walk a thousand miles,
To be in your arms, holding my heart

Oh, I,
Oh, I,
I love you
And everything's gonna be alright, ai-ai-ai-aight
Be alright, ai-ai-ai-aight

No comments:

Post a Comment