Monday, May 14, 2012

Masen Days Outtake 6: The Day Masen Gets Flustered

Excerpt . . .

"Hey, girl," Angela says tickling my sides from behind.

"Hi." I turn to hug her but stop short. "Your shirt. You said—"

"I know. It just seemed vulgar, or . . . I dunno. You look hot, though." She nudges Embry in the ribs and says, "Doesn't she look hot?"

He refuses to look at me and says, "I. Don't. Know."

I glare at Angela, but she keeps a straight face until she busts up laughing. "Come on. You can't be mad. You look amazing. The color, the cut of the cami. It's great on you. She's amazing, Masen, right?"

"She's amazing," Masen repeats and kisses me on the cheek. It's shy and painfully awkward. Not sure if it's because we're in front of all these people or because he felt he had to say something, but it doesn't matter. I was hoping we wouldn't have to be awkward around each other anymore now that we're together.

"You boys are pathetic." Angela whistles loudly, then shouts, "Tyler!"

"What!" he screams from the back porch and comes inside.

"Bella's hot, right?"

"Yeah, course," he says, not even looking.

"Tyler!" she yells again, and he looks in our direction, his eyes getting wide.

"Hold on!" he yells behind him and ambles toward us, looking me up and down. This is so weird. "Nice going," he says, grinning and giving Masen a fist bump.

"Thanks," Masen says, mouth practically closed. Is he mad at me? No, but he seems completely flustered about something.

Tyler looks me over again and nods in a 'sup fashion. Ew, Tyler, I'm with Masen.

Masen pulls me in close and whispers, "Let's move."

1 comment:

  1. I miss Masen!! Thanks so much for the gift of the outtake! Congrats on the nom's, naturally I voted for my Masen and Dirtyflirtward. <3

    ReplyDelete