Saturday, February 18, 2012

Take What You Want Tidbits Chapter 20


Tumblr_lybs3ym7211qjuevro1_500_largeExcerpt . . .


We sit on the grass, watching water trickle down a large fountain. Edward took me to a swank business center where he pointed out some pieces of architecture he loves. He also loves the small, Chinese-inspired garden – that sits amidst the buildings like a hidden gem – where we’re currently eating our lunch.

Edward steals the last egg roll, cramming it wholly into his mouth, and I can’t even complain. I’ve missed him – this. Our dynamic.

“What was Rose’s point about that Cabo story the other night? I can’t for the life of me figure it out. You guys were speaking in code or something.”

“Ugh, she was being such a hag. So, those old ladies just made me realize that I could . . . I should not be admitting this to you, but . . . anyway, I learned that I could trick girls into stuff by flirting with them. It started small – like I got the flight attendant to give me three bags of peanuts and two sets of wings. Then when school started up, I got girls to loan me pencils, get things for me, blah, blah, blah. The older I got, the more handy it became, and the more advantage I took of it.”

“Um, yeah. You had Jessica trained.”

“Like a dog,” he says, then snaps his eyes up to mine realizing what he said. We both burst out laughing because it’s true. Terrible, but true.

“Anyway, I was young when I started it. It just grew and so did my personality, and I turned into this.”

“Hmm,” I say appraising him. “Not so shabby.”

“No? Not disappointed?”

“Not today, no.”

“So Rose was just trying to tell you what I told you, that I was trying to manipulate you into doing what I wanted you to do – to hold my hand at school and crap.”

“It’s not crap; don’t call it crap. It’s important to you.”

“It’s . . . yeah, okay, it is.”

“Why do you want it so bad?”

“The truth?”

“No, tell me lies, please because that will really help us out. Yes, dorkwad, the truth!” I point at him and glare. “Truth,” I say annunciating clearly.


511001974_large
Tumblr_lz3dloswpl1qjuevro1_500_large
Tumblr_lx9r54hiwv1qdsq29o1_500_large

A4q0r8_large
Tumblr_lxtclbpa8g1qbpsz7o1_1280_large 
Tumblr_lxjq1p2pa61qj6ulyo1_500_large
Tumblr_lwryuc8qcv1qgkhe4o1_500_large
397101_2579503093880_1443497980_31942917_505631332_n_large
Tumblr_lxis18xmok1qbpwzeo1_500_large

No comments:

Post a Comment