Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Take What You Want Tidbits Chapter 19


Tumblr_lxlzt8dudf1qi1c55o1_500_large
Excerpt . . .

“You here to convince my daughter that your brother’s some great catch?” Dad asks Rose.

She waves her hand in his face and says, “Hardly. I’m here to tell her how ridiculously ignorant and immature he is.”

“Okay, then,” he says and lets her inside.

Once in my room, she sits on the bed next to me, her hands on my shoulders. Edward’s yelling outside at the top of his lungs, but I have no idea what he’s saying since the window’s closed. I can’t stop glancing that way, though. Maybe I should’ve talked to him.

“Listen to me. I’ve been telling him from the beginning that he just needed to tell you what the real problem was, but he’s just too stupid. He seems to think that you should know. If he didn’t like girls so much, I’d guess he was gay or one of those kids whose gender is mixed up.”

“Jasper had a hard time telling me his feelings when we first starting dating, but now we’re pretty good at sharing our thoughts. It just takes time,” Alice says, trying to comfort me.

“I don’t see what the big deal is. Does he hate Mike that much? That he’s fine just completely disregarding his feelings? I mean, I guess that’s okay, but what about my feelings? I feel guilty about this whole thing and hurting Mike’s feelings would just make it that much worse.”

Rose walks toward the window and opens it up. “Last chance, Romeo!” she screams at her brother.

“Rose, don’t you dare. Stay out of this. I’m here to talk to her. Just send her down. Bella! Come talk to me!”

I join Rose at the window and peer down. The look of desperation in his eyes breaks me a bit. “What do you have to say, Edward? Just say it now.”

“This is embarrassing.”

“Oh, and yelling at me at school wasn’t embarrassing?”

“We were both yelling at each other.”

“Because you won’t tell me what this is about.”

Rose turns to me and says, “See, the problem is that Edward’s emotionally immature and doesn’t know how to talk to anyone about anything serious—except for me and even I have to hold his hand through it. He gets it from my dad. It’s hereditary, I suspect.” She glares at Edward, and he scrambles up the lattice work that leans against our house. Holy hell, what is he doing?

He’s a few feet away from us and shouts, “Rose, dammit! Stop!”

Tumblr_lxr3bye4pd1qkl6ano1_500_large
373_large
Colors-people-photography-text-favim.com-305755_large
368283290_0_1_large
390564_2724995528815_1374939668_3122953_1285613478_n_large
263211_198067846917186_172563049467666_524597_2385550_n_large
Tumblr_lx22r8gsxn1qf70r5o1_500_large
Tumblr_lxnodqhkyr1qezkivo1_400_large
Tumblr_ldwej6ujhr1qdc1aho1_500_large
Love_large
Stuff+i+like+about+you+7_large
Tumblr_lalryibmxz1qcgbsgo1_500_large

1 comment:

  1. They got into a fight at school. I'm sure this is all his fault. He can be rather clueless sometimes.
    I'm excited for more. <3

    ReplyDelete