Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Take What You Want Tidbits Chapter 3


Tumblr_lhzirmscxi1qbyxrvo1_500_largeExcerpt . . .

I pull up to his house and let the car idle. He plays with my fingers as I think over my parting words. I feel like we need some of those, some closure to tonight's weird turn of events.

"Edward?"

"Yes'um, sweet lips."

I chuckle and roll my eyes. He bites his lip, holding in his laugh. "Look, I . . ." I pull my free hand through my hair and exhale. "Thank you for helping me tonight and defending me, no matter how unnecessary that was, but this . . . geez . . . this obnoxious flirting thing, it's just . . . I can't . . ."

Edward nods like he knows what I'm saying, though my hand's still on his chest, and he's smirking.

"I get it. I have a girlfriend now, and you have an unfit to be a man jokester. It's just not the time for us."

"I couldn't have said it better myself."

"That's because I'm so eloquent, like you."

Edward leans in, arms open to hug me. I give in and embrace him. He really smells good, even though he's a little bit sweaty. He tightens his hold on me, and I feel his shaky exhale on my neck. My body breaks out into gooseflesh in response. "When I'm done with Jessica," he whispers against my skin, "I'm coming after you, Bella." He places a soft, open mouth kiss on my neck and backs away slowly. The tension, the heat, the pull that I feel for him hangs in the air.

He runs his hands down my arms all the way to the ends of my fingertips, letting my hands fall softly onto my lap.

And then he laughs.

"Man, you're so right. No sizzle between us at all. More like fizzle." He shrugs, smacks my cheek like I'm his kid sister then jogs to his door.

Tumblr_kwsjqgtyao1qa5ek4o1_r1_500_large

Edward's pinky ring that he uses in his proposal . . .

Skateland . . .
Tumblr_lg9fodcacn1qzqvk9o1_500_large

Tumblr_lwv6uo7aya1qg5idgo1_500_large

Jessica . . .
Tumblr_lxos4jjznk1r92f1qo1_500_large
Tumblr_lfhj6zm7hx1qa3jido1_400_large



Memorable Reviews . . .

LoveMeSomeAngst
1/8/12 . chapter 3
"I open the door to Edward, kneeling with a ring in his hand. He's singing the bridal march." I love this Edward. He's like a kid on crack. He's all over the place.
licpa
1/8/12 . chapter 3
I've read about dirty Edwards but [not] this type of dirty. :)
He is pretty lovable even though he is annoying and stinky sometimes. I hope his ears are clean. Gross!

giraffelashes
1/7/12 . chapter 3
Never read an Edward like this before. He's kind of endearingly obnoxious...if that's possible. Everything that comes out of his mouth just cracks me up.
quoideneufj
1/8/12 . chapter 3
This is weird, but fun so far. Keep it coming.

Some wolf girl love . . .
PrncessButtercup
1/8/12 . chapter 3
Flirtward is almost as fun as flirty Jacob, ;)

luvinJ
1/8/12 . chapter 3
This is so so fun. I'm really enjoying this. Yes I said it. Another E/B story that I'm enjoying. Thanks hun... why you got to be such a talented writer. Or why do I have to like the way you think so much... lol. Great job hun. I'm looking forward to more... shakes in corner. where am I? who am I?

No comments:

Post a Comment