Monday, November 28, 2011

Masen Days Extras: Chapter 16


Excerpt . . .


Masen and I head out to an old parking lot in a dilapidated strip mall. I become determined to teach him how to drive. It’s really stupid and a total waste of our time, but I feel like I should give him something tangible he can take with him when he goes.

He knows the basics but needs a bit of instruction. He practices three point turns, parallel parking, and never fails to use his signals. He also never fails to flirt every chance he gets. He clearly doesn’t want to be doing this, but he’s humoring me.

“Okay, just swing the wheel around this way and sneak right in there.”

“Right in here?” He places his hand on my thigh and inches upward, swooping in to kiss my neck.

“Hey, not too far.” I huff, and he catches my double meaning.

He nods, head turned away from me as he attempts to parallel park between two imaginary cars.

“Do I, uh, get a kiss for doing it right?”

My resounding silence answers him, but he doesn’t give up. He leans in and places a soft kiss against my neck, whispering into my skin. “Silky hair and heat and tongue, want her in the car, kissing my tears away.”

I inhale shakily. Damn his words. They make me so hot. I repeat them in my head and then laugh. His head jolts back, and he smiles, eyes curious. “What?”

“You’re not crying. No tears. You’re trying to get laid.”

“I—I’m . . . you—It’s fine . . . I’ll just drive,” he says with a bit of grump to his tone. His lips pout in defeat, and if he weren’t testing my resolve so much today, I’d hop into his lap and kiss that pout away. But today my focus is on teaching him how to drive. We can fool around later. I’m sure we will; we always do.

Chapter Playlist . . .


Chapter Pictease . . .



Masen's Notebook Entry . . .


3 comments:

  1. Maybe it was Masen Jr. that was weeping. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This has gotten so sweet and so incredibly sad.
    I'm excited to see what happens.
    I love a playful Masen.

    ReplyDelete
  3. jjohnson, OMG!
    IccaSpriggs, playful Masen has gotta be my favorite. He just makes me happy when he gets to have fun!

    ReplyDelete