Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Masen Days Extras: Chapter 17


Excerpt . . .


“Dad, can he stay awhile?” I ask, keeping a firm hold on Masen’s hand.

Dad doesn’t even look up from his check register. He speaks into his paperwork in a bored tone. He’s used to having Masen around now, it seems. At least, he’s resigned to the fact that he’s not going anywhere . . . yet. “Yeah, I have to stop at the supply store sometime tonight, but for now it’s fine.”

I lead Masen upstairs and into my room. I look him over, making sure he’s okay. His elbow is bleeding but not much. It will scab over quickly, but he should probably clean it. Before I can get supplies he drops his board and takes off his shirt and tank top. My door is wide open, and I’m getting nervous. What is he doing?

He sits on my bed and pulls off his shoes. He scoots over and motions for me to join him. I lie beside him, wondering what he’ll do next. He pulls me close and lifts the bottom of my shirt, exposing my stomach.

He nuzzles my belly button with his nose and kisses me softly just above my hipbone. He tucks his arms around my back and settles in, head resting beneath my breasts, upper torso skin-to-skin with my stomach.

In a shaky voice he pleads, “Touch me, please.”

Without hesitation I run my hands through his sweaty hair and trail my fingertips down his back. He relaxes into me, his breath calming. “This is just—it’s . . .” he says, voice mumbled by my shirt, “exactly what I . . .” He lifts his head, locking eyes with me. “You . . . you’re exactly what I need.”

My heart beats rapidly in my chest, my throat tightening, tears threatening to fall, but I keep it together. He needs me strong right now, and I can do that for him.

He leans forward, loosening his grip a bit so he can kiss me. It’s slow, meaningful, and somehow chaste. This is not about lust; it’s about connection, intimacy.

He tilts his head and gazes into my eyes as he speaks. “He knows I’m leaving." 


Chapter Playlist . . .



Chapter Picteases . . .



Masen's Notebook Entry . . .

 
 

4 comments:

  1. Aw he needs snuggle time. This was a sad but yet awesome tease. Thanks Purely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my, Masen breaks my heart in a very sweet kinda way...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh no! My heart hurts so much. Bella is just wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That was so heart breaking and also very sweet.
    Poor Masen, what a horrible home life, Bella has bought so much happiness and light into he's life.
    I pray he finally does get something he wants - namely Bella.
    Thank you for writing and sharing.
    love
    Irene
    xx

    ReplyDelete