Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Masen Days Extras: Chapter 9


Excerpt . . .

One day during English he addresses me, trying desperately to get me to talk. He’s sharing a lot lately, only it’s all arbitrary information. It’s not enough.

“Remember when we had to write those sonnets?”

“Mmm.”

“Ms. Robinson really liked mine. She wants to read it at some teachers’ conference. She invited me to go. I probably won’t, though.” 

“Mmm.”

“It was all about you.” He looks up, his expression pitiful yet somehow enticing. He’s so difficult to resist. But, really, what am I supposed to say to that?

I don’t really want to know what the thing says. I can’t read anymore of his poetry. A Shakespearean sonnet by Masen would throw me over the edge, and I’d absolutely cave. It’s bad enough I see his sad eyes and feel guilty. But that’s not my problem. He turned me down and paraded her around. He chose this; he has to fix it. I need him to say something to me – something real and tangible. I’m tired of these superficial conversations. They’re all meaningless if they get us nowhere. I can’t have a relationship based on nothingness.

I want him to stop babbling and start communicating, but he won’t. Or maybe he can’t. Maybe he doesn’t know how. Regardless, I wish he’d answer all of my unasked questions. I wish he’d just be open and honest. I wish he’d let me love him and love me in return.

Chapter Playlist . . .





Masen's Notebook Entry . . .

 

Masen's Shakespearean Sonnet . . .
***I am fully aware that this sonnet contains many two-syllable words that are not iambs. Ms. Robinson was okay with it, BellaFlan was okay with it, and so am I.

8 comments:

  1. This is so sad. Purely has a knack of weaving the emotion between the lines. Mason pulls my heartstrings. Can wait for full update.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My heart bleeds for Masen, and at the same time, I want to yell at him that he just needs to give Bella some indication of his feelings. It's so sad to see in his notebook how he feels like he can't start talking or he'll never stop. Can't wait for the update.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm dying inside. I can't wait for him to finally just let it all out.
    Pumped for the next update.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I look forward to the day when he says what he wants too. Soon, but not too soon. More like Masen soon. *shrugs*

    ReplyDelete
  5. like that bella might be in love but she's still sensible
    she knows what she wants and she says it, which i admire
    masen on the other hand...well i guess we'll just have to be extra patient with him

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think if there's anything we've learned from this story, it's that we have to be patient with Masen.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this, its pure passion and love the pages from Masen especially, brings a tear and all that frustration is great :')

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow. just read through all of the extras here. My heart is breaking! I'll be on pins and needles until we see these two again!

    ReplyDelete