Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Real Life, Fic Life, Masen Life

I recently went to Oceanside, CA on vacation with my family. I hadn't yet posted Masen Days but had it written, so it was on the brain. I was also reading Starry Eyed Inside while I was there because I do that - read fics that relate to my life. Ahem. Anyway, I was surrounded by surferwards and skaterwards. It was so fun to watch them and think Would Edward do that? Or Would Masen say that to his friend? Bad example, but you know what I mean.

 I was watching some kids surfing the dregs of the waves on the beach one afternoon. My husband asked me what they were doing. He thought it was cool. I said, "Those are skim boards they're using, and I may or may know that because of the fanfiction I'm reading." He rolled his eyes, took the kids for a walk, and I took pictures of the surferwards skimboarding or whatever. What's my point? None really, except that perhaps I am ill and see what I want to see -- Edward everywhere!

Late one evening as my family walked to a nearby sushie bar we passed some skaters talking about the hot girl they saw with the tight top. Made me giggle. We sat down to eat and had a window seat, so we were able to people watch. I love people watching. During dinner a teenage couple passed by us. The girl had two feet planted on a skateboard and the guy had his hand on her waist, pushing her along. Dude, I saw Masen and Bella right before my eyes as I wrote them! It's insane, right? Maybe, maybe not. But so many of my readers have been telling me, "I saw checkered Vans today and thought of Masen," or "I drove by skate park today", etc. I love it. I am so glad that my story is encroaching upon your lives and your sanity. It means I am doing a good job.

 That is all, really, just me rambling about real life, fic life, and Masen life.

2 comments:

  1. Well, we have this theory with my friend that everything reminds us fanfics now lol It can be film (soooo many!), things, music or even pics. I'm not surprised that you see ff in your life too ;)
    We're not normal anymore my dear... Sorry, someone had to told you this lol

    ReplyDelete