Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Masen Days Extras Chapter 5


We all work quietly on our papers. Angela and Embry take a break and return suspiciously happy. Embry’s fauxhawk has been maimed. I shoot a look at Masen, and he quirks an eyebrow in response.

“We’re done researching, so . . . bye.” Angela leaves with Embry in a rush. I can’t stifle my laughter, and Masen joins me. We get hysterical, tears streaming down my face as the librarian gives us a reproachful glare.

“She needs to get laid,” he says.

“Maybe Embry can take a quick cat nap after Angela. He can do them both.” We lose it again, laughing and holding our sides to keep ourselves together. It’s the cutest thing watching Masen sigh through his giggles. He’s adorable. He shifts in his seat and leans back, searching my eyes.

“What is it about you?”

“What is what about me?” He says nothing, and I tap my pencil impatiently. I’ve never been a patient person, but he seems to need it. Unconditional patience or secrecy or something. So, for Masen, I manage. There’s something about him too.

Chapter Playlist . . .



Masen's Notebook Entry . . .

 

12 comments:

  1. Thanks you for the tease & the picture. I love both.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're welcome. So glad the teasers are worth it. I hope you checked out the previous chapter's notebook entry from Masen. The poem I sent with replies has gotten some attention, so enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so super stoked for this next chapter.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So amazing....I love his thoughts. He may not tell her but you can so see he cares.....Just amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think this says much more than an actual Masen POV could ever say. So happy that you're all loving them.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so captivated from Masen's notebook entries. Friggin fabulous girl!

    ReplyDelete
  7. These entries are such an intimate look into Masen's life. Just the structure of the poems tell so much. He's grappling with the wonderfully new feelings of young love while his grim reality constantly intrudes.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can't zoom in on the notebook now :(

    ReplyDelete
  9. I checked it, and it was fine. No one had issuers last night. Hmm. LEt me know if the problem persists, so I can pretend to know what to do about it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. This story made me cry.i love bella & masen.they will be happy in tustin and make their dreams come true...bec they will make it together

    ReplyDelete