Monday, September 5, 2011

Masen Days Extras Chapter 4


Excerpt . . .

“Hey,” he says, and I think it’s the first time he’s ever addressed me first.

“You were going awfully fast. You’ll get a ticket.” He gives my lame joke a courtesy smile. “Seriously, you late? You need a ride somewhere?”

“Nah, just needed to get away.” He averts his eyes and peers over his shoulder. I look too, though I have no idea what we’re looking for.

“I just bought some groceries . . .” Great. Like he cares. What other stupid thing can I say?

“Apples?” He props his arm up on the window ledge, resting his chin on his hand. He’s smirking. Okay, maybe it wasn’t so stupid after all.

“Yeah.”

“All right.” He shrugs, and there’s a faint click of the lock being released. The next thing I know Masen’s climbing into my car, and we’re driving to my unsupervised home.

Chapter Playlist . . .



Masen's Notebook Entry . . .


 

6 comments:

  1. "A Dad coming home, so used to disappearing"
    I knew that's why Masen fled.
    Oh, this boy's got a grip on my heart.
    Masen's notebook entries are like having his POV. So integral to the story. I know I've already said this, but I love these.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love these little extras. The look inside Edward's mind and heart with his writings is so sweet. I feel so badly for him.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aha! So it's just the presence of a Dad that has him running...not the police officer.

    Poor Masen. :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm enjoying your thoughts on these entries. There's been some discussion about posting them on fanfiction. I like to see them on paper by his hand, but I dunno. Thoughts?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think they would be great along side the the chapters. I'm having a hard time going back and forth from ff to the blog to read his beautiful words. I don't want to miss one syllable of Masen words. So beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. BellaTesoro,
    Some people like to read it with the chapters and others wait til the end, not wanting to spoil the surprise. They only want to know what Bella knows. Maybe I need to post them separately on ffn. Thoughts?

    ReplyDelete