Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Four Summers

Four Summers by Bratty-Vamp
Summary: Sun, surf and sand. Best friends, and best kisses. Broken hearts, broken ties, and dreams that can never be broken. A bounce through time. Every road we travel leads us to exactly where we are meant to be.


Bratty-Vamp's done it again. She's captured my heart with another Edward/Bella tale. I don't know how she does it, but her mixture of great characters, details in the romance, and beautiful stanzas that make me teary-eyed make her work a cut above the rest.

This story, Four Summers, is another win of hers. It follows Bella and Edward for, um, four summers. Duh. They begin as 14/15 year olds and develop a forbidden romance of sorts. Bella is a free spirited writer who lives with her head in the clouds (though it's actually a reality for her) while Edward is an aspiring musician whose father keeps him down out of honor and duty and family business nonsense. He warns Edward of Bella and the two separate after a final summer though not really wanting to.

In a chance meeting at Bella's workplace years later, they reunite and reminisce. And then, this bit of bliss happens...

But I wanted this moment, if it was all that we had. And so I grabbed onto it with both hands, and I wrapped my legs around it, and I pulled it to me like the surf to the shore. I tasted salt from my tears, instead of from the ocean. But Edward kissed them away and used his hands to warm my body like the sun on my skin.

Sigh. Don't you love it. Now go read it!

Team Jacob safe. He does not exist.

1 comment: