Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Fanfic my Fanfic


I love Edward Walbanger. It's one of my absolute favorites. I love it so much that I had an idea for a one shot using it as my premise, but that's weird. Plus, I felt obligated to ask the author if she'd be okay with that. Alas, I was chicken poo and couldn't bring myself to do it. I was disappointed but content to just read Mmmm-feathers story and wallow in my never-gonna-write-it misery...enter Fanfic my Fanfic.

Fanfic my Fanfic is a fanfiction competition wherein the contestants chose from five approved stories to create a one shot. I KNOW! Cool, right?

Naturally Edward Wallbanger was not listed because fate hates me but several of my favorite stories were and I chose, not one, but two stories to write for. Can you believe it? Me, writing a one shot based on a preexisting fanfic? Insane. What's more insane than that? They're all Edward/Bella fics. I KNOW! Blasphemous! But not really since I'm Team Switzerland. No crying wolf girls. I save my best ideas for you.

The contest is anonymous, so I cannot divulge which stories I wrote for, nor can I divulge which stories are mine, but, suffice it to say, they are freaking awesome.

I hope that everyone will read the entries of Fanfic my Fanfic and support the contest by submitting your own one shot or by voting for your favorite. I really just want you to participate so that the hosts, BellaFlan and AltheaJams, will do it again and I can beg them to get the "rights" to Edward Wallbanger.

Check out the site if you are interested, and once everything is posted read and vote! Should be fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment