Tuesday, January 25, 2011

The Best Man

The Best Man by Bratty-vamp
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5122163/1/The_Best_Man
Next-door neighbors home from college, reunited for two weeks of their summer break. Childhood memories and adult hijinks abound. Will a friendly competition strengthen childhood bonds? Or will it help to forge a new relationship between adults? AH/AU



This story has one of my favorite Edwards, Bellas and Jaspers. The three of these characters are so well written and so realistic. I feel like I know these people. and they are good people. I've read a lot of cocky, sexed-up Edwrad lately and it was a nice breath of fresh air to read about a good guy Edward. He's just a good guy was a bit oblivious.

Edward and Jasper are brothers. Bella and Jasper are best friends. Bella pined over Edward as a young girl, but got over him. That is, until they all meet up for the summer and she discovers otherwise. Edward has a hard time realizing that Bella is not just the little girl next door, but once he does, watch out. Really sweet sex scenes that are not gratuitous. They move the story along and I appreciate that.

This story is hilariously funny, really realistic and the dialogue flows extremely well. It's romantic and gives you a sense of nostalgia. I also found a trailer for this fic on Youtube that made me cry too. I know I do a lot of crying these days. Babies make me weepy, I suppose.

Team Jacob safe.

2 comments:

  1. soooo this story disappeared!! does anyone have a pdf of it??

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha, if you do, i'm megburr on twitter :)

    ReplyDelete