Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Emancipation Proclamation

Emancipation Proclamation by Kharizzmatik
http://kharizzmatik-ep.blogspot.com/
Edward grew up in a life of money, power, & respect. Isabella was born into slavery-has never known another way. Their worlds collide & neither will ever be the same again. Will he give her freedom? Can he bear to ever let her go? AU-H OOC *Set in 2005*



Oh boy. What can I even say about this fic? Okay if this doesn't make you read it I don't know what will...

I was reading this story two days before I went in to labor. When I would wake up early mornings around 4ish I would read while the baby kicked me before falling back asleep. When I went into labor, during the first few hours all I could think of, while not having contractions, was this story and when I'd be able to continue reading it. Yeah, it's that good!

Edward is to die for, Bella is to die for, Emmett is my favorite Emmett, and Carlisle is the scariest yet most endearing frightening mofo I've ever read.

Team Jacob? Not so much.

The author makes some really hard choices in this story and surprises the reader. Things are not all rosy. And I love that. It is funny, it is sad, it is dark, it is suspenseful and amazing. This might be the most perfect drama fic I've ever read.

There are a few chapters in particular that stand out to me. One, in which Bella is a three years old and in slavery, dirty without shoes. Yeah, I bawled like a woman about to have a baby over that one. And another wherein Edward and Bella make love to say goodbye. Amazing sex scene. If I had nominated in the Golden Lemon Awards I would have nominated that chapter. It's an EPIC love story. EPIC I tell you!

Go read it! Read it now!

And to get you excited...a preview...

No comments:

Post a Comment