Saturday, July 6, 2013

Never Said I Didn't Chapter 16

FacebookChapter 16



I button up a shirt Mom bought me, and my door opens. In walks Katie, Caleb free. Greg must be here already. That’s good.

“Ever thought of knocking?”

“I was hoping to catch some Edward bum. You always had the cutest little bum. I used to hide your towel.”

“This is gross.”

“You were six.” She rolls her eyes.

“Can I help you?” I ask, sitting down on the bed and running my hands through my wet hair. Bella and Charlie will be here for dinner shortly, and I want to look nice, so I shaved and showered.

“What are you gonna do about Charlie?”

“What? How do you?”

“He just left. He was talking to Dad outside his study.”

“Great, so Garrett knows.”

“He was taking a nap in there.”

“Yeah, right.”

“Well, anyway, so what are you gonna do?”

“I don’t know.”

“You need to be a perfect gentleman when you’re around him. Let him see you doing things for Bella.”

“Okay, yeah, good idea.”

Mom passes by, a vase in hand, and stops in the doorway. “Oh, honey, you look so nice in that shirt. I knew it’d bring out your pretty eyes.”

I want to roll my pretty eyes at my mom’s compliment. It’s just so . . . motherly.
                                                                                                   
“Just be sure not to get caught again,” Katie continues like Mom’s not even there.

“Oh, we talking about you and Bella making out on the Swan couch? Really, Edward, that’s in poor taste.”

“How do you know about this?” I ask, pulling at my hair.

“I’m your mother,” she says, like it’s obvious. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment