Thursday, June 13, 2013

Never Said I Didn't Chapter 6

LargeChapter 6


“Why are you still kissing Jake when you know I like you? We could try this, Bella. I want to try it.” I punctuate my words with a squeeze to her hand.

“You're not ready for this,” she mumbles.

“What does that even mean?”

“Exactly.”

She’s so frustrating. “I'm so tired of this. Will you just speak English? I kiss you once, and it's like you've gone crazy. Like you're this nutzo, kissing other guys, changing your college plans.”

“Poor Edward doesn't get what he wants,” she laments.

“No, I don't. Not lately, anyway. I have nothing I want. Except for this. Right here, right now.” I tug on her hand and stroke her wrist with my finger. “But it's temporary and not for lack of trying.”

“Yeah, I know.”

I sneak a peek, and she’s wide eyed now, peering down at our joined hands. “Do you have to say it with such disdain?”

“Yeah, I do.”

“Is it so revolting that I want to be with you? Forgive me if I'm wrong, but you kissed me back. You had a big ol’ dopey grin on your face like I had made your world.”

“Before you crushed it.”

“I'm sorry I said anything. I wish I hadn’t even opened my mouth other than to kiss you. That's all my mouth wants to do anymore, anyway.”

She inhales sharply and looks my way.




Don't Give Up on Us by The Maine

I am weakness, I am greatness
I'm anything you want me to be
I am wasted, And I'll make this
The anthem for a dying breed

See the light in the night,
When you're fading away
Trust in us,
We're all that you've got these days
Take a look inside my heart
Oh, let's get carried away

Don't you dare,
Don't you ever give up,
Don't you ever give up, Oh, Oh, Oh
Don't you dare,
Don't you ever give up,
Don't you ever give up on us, my dear

1 comment:

  1. the holding hands? yeah, it got me... they can figure this out...

    ReplyDelete