Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Never Said I Didn't Chapter 5

I-love-you-300x283_largeChapter 5


Time flies now that Bella and I make sense again. We do the usual: hang, talk, play games. She especially likes to kick my butt in nerd-it-up ones like Boggle and Scrabble.

We sit on my unmade bed staring at the Boggle board. I have a list of ten words and don't see anything else. She, however, is scribbling furiously. I can't be mad, though, because she's adorable when she concentrates like this—her nose scrunching up and her eyebrows wiggling around. But I especially like when she gets frustrated with herself and her tongue peeks out for a split second before she bites her lip.

“Time!” I say, checking my alarm clock.

“You start,” she says dejectedly. Clearly, she was not paying as close attention to me as I was to her or she'd already know she's the queen of this round.

We run through our list of words, and I end up with one that she doesn't have. I laugh at my pathetic-ness, and she joins in too until we sigh into a quiet calmness. I missed this. I smile at her and enjoy the simplicity of our relationship and the fact that we can be silent together and it’s not awkward. That, I’ve discovered, is rare. 


 

Pictures of You by The Last Goodbye

Pictures of you
Pictures of me
Hung up on your wall for the world to see

Pictures of you
Pictures of me
Remind us all of what we used to be

1 comment: