Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Contest Entries Worth Reading

I wasn't following these contests, but these two fics got into my hands somehow--probably when I was trolling Twitter at midnight, trying not to go to sleep. They're both fantastically written and plotted.



High Maintenance » As a young father who's not sure where he belongs, Edward's just trying to get through each day. His daughter is his life and all he thinks he needs. When the girl with the broken oven and busted fire alarm flips his world around, will he invite her into his life? Will she choose to enter? First Place Judges' Choice, First Place Public Vote in the Ho Hey Contest.

This Edward is a handyman. Yeah. Right? And a father. I know. Sigh. You'll love this fic and the swings it takes. They were unexpected. You'll love this sweet tale about a young father learning to act his age while still being responsible for his daughter. Love.

This story was written by Beleiveitotnot, whose work I'm realizing I always, always need to read, and Thimbles, who I just met after reading this fic.

El Camino Summary: He drove a rundown 1973 El Camino, smoked like a chimney - and the few words he spoke were seldom to me. Contest entry for the HEA TwiFic Contest

This fic was brought to my attention on Facebook because a few readers thought I wrote it. I wish I had. It's fantastic. Sorry to disappoint if you wanted it to be me, but I'm excited--like you are if you read it--to find out who wrote it. I want to read their stuff!

This fic has a mysterious, tight-lipped Edward, and I love him. I love everything about him, even the mistakes he makes. This Bella is so real. I always fall for real-to-life fics. These teens make foolish choices, but they're real ones. And as the contest proclaims, there's a happy ending. Yay!

Now go read!


No comments:

Post a Comment