Thursday, December 15, 2011

Masen Days Extras: Chapter 18

Chapter 18: The Day Masen Leaves Arizona


Excerpt . . .

I sit with Angela, closer than usual to the action, so we can holler at our men and clap when they do something exciting. My voice gets hoarse quickly from all my yelling because our friends are so good at these stunts. I knew they were good, but with the addition of the ramps, I can really see much more of their capabilities. I’m no expert, but Masen seems to be the best, and it makes me feel superior in a way. It also helps that he’s the hottest. I’m dating the best, most gorgeous skater in Arizona. Lucky me.

I’m thinking about Masen’s agile body and the way his thighs sway sinuously from side to side as he rides a curve. Angela thumps my knee, eyeing me. “Look at you all happy because tomorrow’s the last day of school.”

“Uh huh.”

“And all happy ‘cause Masen’s happy.”

“Yep.”

“And all happy because you’re totally going to doink him afterward.”

I smoosh my lips together and try to maintain my giggle.

“You’re such a slut,” she says.

“I know.” I shrug, and we bump into each other laughing.

Masen skates up to us, taking a long pull from his gallon of water and hops up next to me on the wall. “What’s so funny?” He wipes his brow with the edge of his shirt, exposing his abs.

Angela gives me a knowing look, and I kind of want to smack her.

“Nothing,” I say, grinning, trying not to give myself away.

“Nothing, my butt. Bella wants you, Masen. Always has, always will.” She jumps down and hollers for Embry. She’s ready to go now that she’s thoroughly called me out.

“That true?” Masen asks, smug smile on his face.

“Maybe,” I say, taking a sip of my drink, keeping my gaze on the remaining skaters.

He leans in, lips close to my cheek. “Maybe as in . . . maybe later you’ll go to the golf course with me?”

“Mmm hmm.” I nod, biting my lip.

“Yep, it’s true.” He kisses my cheek and jumps from the wall onto his board, riding continuously until his feet are in the air and he’s gripping plywood with one hand. How does he do that? 

Chapter Playlist . . .



Chapter Picteases . . .


 


Masen's Notebook Entry . . .

 



4 comments:

  1. I enjoyed this little tease. I'm not excited about seeing Masen leave though.
    My heart is already breaking and I haven't read the chapter yet. I trust you though.
    Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i keep saying it but it's true, i have no words to describe how amazing this was. how amazing this is

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for your review and comment. I'm so happy that Masen and Bella's story touched you. I'm still working my way through the reviews for Chapter 18, but hang in there because you'll get a little treat once I get to you. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved Masen's words so much. So beautiful. So little but overflowing with feeling. Perfection.

    ReplyDelete