Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Masen Days Extras: Chapter 8



Excerpt . . .

“Where’s your bun?” he asks, and I’m confused because what? Now he’s talking to me? It’s been weeks since he’s addressed me casually like this.

“Huh?”

“Bun.” He wraps his hand around my ponytail and shakes it. I swat his hand away, and he chuckles. I hate his good mood. “What if I need a pencil?”

“Bring your own damn pencil.”

“I don’t want my pencil. I want yours. Smells good,” he says with a tiny nod.

“You can’t have mine.”

“Why not?”

“’Cause I need it for my hair.”

“Just wear it in a tail thing.”

“Tail thing,” I mutter, narrowing my eyes. He shrugs. He’s so irritating. And what’s with all the talking? He can’t just turn this on and off. I’m not a damn light bulb, just waiting to be lit or whatever.

“Angela!” I holler, and she skips over to me with Embry in tow, skipping as well. I really hate them sometimes.

“Ready?”

“Yeah,” I say. Masen nudges my knee again, and I pull away. No yeah jokes today, buddy.

“You coming, Masen?”

“Apparently not,” he says, dryly.

Embry shoots a look from me to Masen, and I glare back.

Angela, Embry, and I walk to Embry’s suburban, and Masen follows us, skating around in circles and irritating the piss out of me. I’m about to scream, “Just stop it!” when a loud shriek startles us all, including Masen who careens off his board onto his ass. I can’t help myself and fall into a fit of laughter at his expense. He deserves it.

I’m still laughing when he gets up, and a cute waif of a girl throws herself around him, legs and all. “Edward! Oh my stoner, I missed you.” She peppers his face with kisses.

In reply, he offers, “I missed you too, Alice.”

This is why he’s in a good mood? You’ve got to be kidding me.

***A video tease for another scene in chapter 8.


Chapter Playlist . . .


Masen's Notebook Entry . . .

 

3 comments:

  1. That teaser was not cool. It say's bad things are happening & I'm gonna cry. It's been "weeks"? Oh, I don't like this at all. Give me good news. I need it. I'm still glad for the teaser though. Thank you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh God.....give god newsfor the next chapter please....

    ReplyDelete