Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Masen Days Extras Chapter 6


Excerpt . . .

I flip the switch. He keeps his head down while I sheer off his locks. I want to be sad, but I can’t because he needs this. It seems important.

I make quick work of it, running my hand over his head to make sure I don’t miss anything. It’s hard to tell since his shorn hair is all over the place. “Um, I think we should wash it, so I can make sure it’s all even.”

Without a word he pulls his shirt over his head and kneels beside the tub. He starts the water and shoves his head under the faucet, scrubbing it with one hand.

I stand at his side, crouching over him, running my hands over his head as well. He wraps his free hand around my calf. The callouses on his palm prick roughly at my bare skin, but I like it. He’s making so much contact tonight.

I finish up, and he lifts his head, water sluicing down his face onto his bare chest and back. He is the picture of depression, sorrow, and childhood lost. I want to drown him in my tears to put him out of his misery or hug him, but I can’t. It’s not my place, but I wish it were. I could offer him so much solace in my arms.
“Sit back down.” He does as I say, and I pull the hand towel from the bar, running it over his head, then back and face, ending with his chest. “Looks good.”

He looks up into my eyes, and I’m startled by the bright green and the depth of his gaze.

“You have beautiful eyes,” I say, and he makes no move to show me that he cares about my compliment.

I’m cleaning the clippers when his hands grip my hips again. He twists slightly, forcing me to angle myself toward him. When I do, I’m met with a fierce expression and a gruff whisper, “You can see right through them, can’t you?”

***I really wanted to avoid depicting Masen as Robert Pattinson, but this picture just said so much. Because of that you get two picteases for this chapter. If Rob's not your idea of Masen that's fine too.

***And a special video tease which pertains to another scene in this chapter. Enjoy!


Chapter Playlist . . .



Masen's Notebook Entry . . .

 

5 comments:

  1. Just a fantastic tease. And the video was amazing. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How funny. I thought for sure no one would care about the video. It's not a fabulous one, but it's very relevant to the next chapter.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always picture Rob as Edward, and that photoshoot was the most amazing one he's done, in my opinion. I think the picture is perfect.
    And the zoo lights look like a fun thing to see at Christmas time.
    Can't wait to read the chapter, although I know my heart will be aching again.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love all of this...the teaser, the pic and the video!! I'm extremely curious as to why the hair all has to come off...my skater-dudes were always all about the hair...but then, Masen is so much more fabulous than my skater-dudes ever were ;)

    Thanks for sharing with us!!

    xo, Jen/RC

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cabana Boy, You're welcome. Thanks for your sweet words.
    JJohnson, Zoo Lights at the Phoenix Zoo are awesome. I go almost every year, and that's my favorite exhibit.
    Come on Monday!

    ReplyDelete