Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Masen Days Extras Chapter 1


Excerpt . . .

The silence is deafening and lasts for almost the entire trip home. I stumble due to my discomfort when he says, "Like your Vans."

"Thanks." I look down at my light blue shoes. "I've had them for a few years. They're comfy."

He stops at the end of the sidewalk and kicks up his white and black checkered shoe, saying, "One year. Had to buy new ones 'cause my feet got too big."

"Sounds like a personal problem," I say, then mutter, "but not a bad one to have." I can't believe I just said that.

Desperate to recover I say, "I mean, 'cause you know what they say about men with big feet . . ." I suck at first impressions.

He chuckles quietly and glances my way while running his hand through his hair, pushing it back. His eyes are so bright, and I was right – sea green. He smiles and, wow, it's gorgeous. Come to think of it, he's gorgeous.
It's really the first time I've seen him still, and I like still Masen.

Chapter Playlist . . .



Masen's Notebook Entry . . . 

1 comment:

  1. Phenomenal story.I had MD on my TBR list for quite some time and just started it last night. I finished this evening. I can barely find the words how much this story affected. You are a very gifted writer and your story completely overwhelmed me. I am truly saddened it is over.

    ReplyDelete