Tuesday, March 15, 2011

A Pound of Flesh

A Pound of Flesh by Jaxon22
To pay a debt she owes her father, Isabella Swan starts a new job as a prison tutor. Edward Cullen, with his own debts, is the Punk Ass inmate in her class. Can they fight the odds and their dangerous attraction to learn from each other? A/H, Lemons, OOC
This fic is not complete. It is a work in progress, and I am recommending it. I am breaking the rules. I'm not normally a rule breaker (I think that's possibly the funniest thing I've ever written), but I feel I must. This fic is that good. So good, in fact, that if Bella turns out to be an alien and Edward is a pedophile and Jake is a clown in a circus, it doesn't matter because what's written now is worth it. Seriously!

Bella's father (a do-gooder and idealist politician) is beaten to death on the streets when she is a very young girl. A boy she doesn't know pulls her out of harm's way and essentially saves her life from the gang that kills her father. When the police arrive, the boy disappears and Bella is told her whole life that no such boy was there, but she knows he was. One guess who that boy is? Nope, not gonna tell you.

Later is life, Bella becomes a teacher to do good in the world just like her father. She begins teaching prisoners at Author Kill where she meets the angry, impulsive, sexy as hell Cullen. Sparks fly. Fly, I tell you. This Bella is no mouse, she meets him challenge for challenge. He does not scare her. In an attempt to improve his chances for parole, he is tutored  (one on one) by Bella and an UST friendship evolves. Cullen is no moron. He comes from money and an amazing education, making him all the more sexy and an equal for Bella.

Will Cullen get out of prison? Will he and Bella realize who the other truly is? Will there be a romance? Will they kill each other? And for the love of Pete will these two ever bang?

Now I am not one for mindless smut. I don't read fics for smut alone, but I don't mind it. If it offers plot development and character development then I am game. But I can tell you - I have never been more hungrier for a pair of fic characters to get it on than in this fic. The author SophieJax tells her readers that it's a slow burn. And oh boy is it. It's an amazing hurts-so-good-I-wanna-die good.

This fic offers angst, romance, humor, drama, literary commentary, Cullen reading Hemingway (I know) Cullen smoking, Cullen licking the cream off of Oreos, Cullen saying things like, "Just one taste," Cullen throwing chairs and punching people and screaming and yelling and I want him, want him, want him, WANT HIM!!!

You have to read this fic. You have to or will die. I hex you if you don't read it.

Team Jacob safe so far.

Here is an amazing fan video of this fic. Enjoy!


1 comment:

  1. Oh, I love this fic sooo much!!! Thanks for adding my viddie, babe.

    ReplyDelete