Monday, February 14, 2011

Click and Strum

Click & Strum by Bratty-Vamp
Summary: Isabella was anxious to start a new life, in a new location. And she was eager to put a few more question marks in her rigid day-planner. But the guy down the hall might have presented a larger deviation from her organized life than she bargained for.

This is the story of a jaded, shady, ladies man Edward. When I began this fic I was reading The Naked Guy Under the Stairs and was kind of disturbed at how similar the two Edward's were. As I move forward in each story I realized just how different they were, and by different I mean better. I do not mean any disrespect to TNGUS, but oh my word is this Edward unbelievable. He's so much better than TNGUS. He's so tainted, and dirty, and raw, and wrong, and I lust him. Yes, you read that right.

Bella is quite the innocent co-ed who simply befriends the sad sack and actiuakly gets him out of his house in the daylight. They begin as friends and then meld into a little something else when they realize how much they like each other, though Edward always keeps Bella at an arms length because like all messed up Edwards, he's . . . well, messed up.

The crap hits the fan, he says some really wrong things, and chaos ensues. They are both broken hearted. He writes a letter to Bella that will make your heart flutter, and then gives her office supplies that make you want to jump him. Yes! I am one of those girls . . . I find office supplies erotic. In fact, the highlight of this story for me and a quote that is on my top ten favorite FFn quotes revolves around a mechanical pencil. He hands over the gift and simply says, "It clicks," and I want to die or melt or combust.

Bratty-vamp's dialogue is understated and real, but not boring. I feel like I am with these people when I'm reading. She is an excellent writer, and I have yet to be disappointed by any of her stories. I would definitely read this one again.

Team Jacob safe.

No comments:

Post a Comment