Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Forks in the Road

Forks in the Road by sowrong
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5585887/1/Forks_in_the_Road
After the fight and her kiss with Jacob, Bella realizes that she is in love with both Edward and Jacob. She flees Forks in an attempt to prevent herself from choosing either one. Four years later she returns to Forks to finally face those she left behind.
Forks in the Road by sowrong is sort of the antithesis of my story in some ways. I think those that struggled with my story because they thought Jake was too soft, or he wasn't fierce enough as an alpha will love this story.

The premise is very similar to mine – Bella loves both Edward and Jacob. She deals with the stress of imprinting and the stress of the Volturi. The characters are older in this story though and Jake is rough around the edges. He is tough and the author keeps him consistently so. Bella has also grown quite a bit and tends to hold her own often. Edward is in the background and the author did not treat him like trash which I appreciate since I am Team Switzerland.

This author gives Colin and Brady (and the rest of the pack) very specific personalities. The pack itself has a distinct personality that is fun to read about. The author introduces more female wolves. It's awesome. They add hair bows to their fur and then sexually harass the boys. It had me in stitches laughing. this author has an interesting take on imprinting. It's very smart.

I loved the high angst that the Volturi provided. The author just went for the battle and totally made it work. I followed the whole fight and was caught up in its many locations. 

In its entirety the story is well written, funny, original, exciting, and kept me engaged throughout. 

No comments:

Post a Comment