Friday, November 5, 2010

Spindle Tree

Spindle Tree by MintEnergy
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/6192733/1/Spindle_Tree
Summary: A Breaking Dawn alternative that acknowledges canon, Twilight thru Eclipse. Inspired by the life of someone she loves, Bella ultimately makes the difficult choices that will lead her to the life she herself was originally meant to live. Bella/Jacob POV's

When Bella learns that a loved one is ill, her perspective on life (and thus Edward) slowly begins to change. Jacob, the ever present best friend, helps her in her time of need in ways that Edward can't. Slowly her feelings change for the two men in her life and she finds herself at a crossroads and ultimately makes a difficult decision that changes the course of her life.

While this story doesn't have a lot of humor in it, it is still humorous. The relationships created in this story are real and beautiful to read about.

This fiction is beautifully written and so clean. It has minor cursing and insinuated sexuality but it is tame enough for your mother (okay my mother, who is the biggest prude I know. To this day, she cringes when I say fart. Yeah, I know.), or 14 year old niece to read.

This story is safe for Team Edward.

This story has one of my most favorite Jacob quotes. It's amazing, I wish I had written it. I know you will love it too.

"If he hurts you. If he leaves. If you change your mind," his hands shifted on my shoulders as if willing me to understand, "I don't care how much time has passed. I don't care what you are, or where I am." He shifted closer, head lowered a little to meet my gaze, "You come and find me, do you understand?" He shook me gently, "Just come and find me."

No comments:

Post a Comment