Saturday, November 6, 2010

New Moon the Movie and Team Bigamy

I really loved New Moon, I did. But I still have some complaints. The chemistry between Bella and Edward was very flat. Edward drives a silver Volvo. Period. That pissed me off. Jacob's best lines and catch phrases weren't even botched, they were completely absent. What is wrong with Melissa Rosenberg? Did she not read the books? Did she conveniently skip over every single one of Jacob's 'sure, sure's'? I can't believe he never said that in the movie. I don't get it. And, seriously? How could you leave out "Does my being half-naked bother you?" That's one of the best lines in the whole series. Oh well.

 Like I said, I really loved New Moon. It's actually what officially turned me from Team Edward to Team Switzerland or what I prefer to call Team Bigamy, because why choose? So, what really turned me Team Bigamy? Two words: Taylor Lautner. Yes, I pine over jail bait, but it wasn't always so.

When I saw Twilight I thought, Yeah, okay Jacob's cute, but he's Shark Boy and he sang that stupid song, that "dream, dream, dream, dream, dream, dream" song that was stuck in my head for weeks. I don't know if I can handle that. And then there he was in New Moon: all cute and quirky and friendly and I thought, This is good, this'll work. Then later, there he was glistening and bulging in the rain and yum. And a fan was born. It just got better and better from there as his chemistry was really good with Bella, better than Edward's in this movie. In fact, it made me worried for Eclipse and the flip back to Edward. But, I felt the new director did a good job switching again in Eclipse.

Okay, ranting done. For now...

No comments:

Post a Comment