Friday, November 5, 2010

For the Summer

For the Summer by Camoozle
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5934882/1/For_the_Summer
Every year Bella waits for the 'Pay Checks' to roll into her sleepy river town and every year Edward's hers, just for the summer. AH, AU, OOC, B/E



This is the most realistic fic I've read. The people are so raw, so real. I know people like this. I've met Charlie and Edward and Jacob and Bella. I don't know how the author did it, but she chronicled Bella's life (in BPOV) from age 11-23ish and did so perfectly. The words of 13 yo Bella are just as spot on as hormonal 17 yo Bella. The struggle that Bella goes through is so what every teenage girl goes through.

Edward'd family visits The Swan's marina in AZ every summer for vacation and this fic follows her relationship with Edward (his family and her own as well). Each year their lives change yet they stay the same - friends, then more than friends, then friends again. It's all a very natural progression that spans 17 years.

The sexual nature of this story is so realistic. There's nothing exaggerated about it - it's real and so are Bella's thoughts as she goes through her ups and downs as she's coming of age with Edward and the other boys in her life.

I loved this story from start to finish and re-read it immediately after I was done. Yeah, it was that good.

Warning to Team Jacob - Jake is not the most amazing person in this story, so if that bothers you you may want to just skip out on this one. Though, I will say I found his arrogance and immature humor adorable at times. But, I generally love Jake no matter what.

The author Camoozle also has a blog at  http://camoozle.blogspot.com/.

1 comment: