Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Never Said I Didn't Chapter 3

248341_1718213238276_1326603411_31457482_4841531_n_largeChapter 3



I catch her before our game, though, and walk with her to the buses. She’s got her gear on, but her hat’s missing, and her hair is down, swaying as she walks. It’s so long now, it nearly reaches her butt. Her, um, nice butt. Wow, with the softball uniform you can really see the shape and everything. I shake my head and jog up to her.

“You still mad?” I call out like an ass. What else should I say?

She turns on me and narrows her eyes.

“Okay, yes. You got a ballpark for me yet?”

“Yankee Stadium,” she deadpans and digs in her bag, pulling out an apple and taking a massive bite.

“Got one of those for me?” I know she does; she always does.

“Not today,” she mumbles.

“Hey, Bella, come on. This sucks. I miss you.”

Mr. Right by A Rocket to the Moon

Maybe I'm your Mr. Right
Baby, maybe I'm the one you like
Maybe I'm a shot in the dark
And you're the morning light
Whoa

Maybe this is sad but true
Baby, maybe you've got nothing to lose
You could be the best of me
When I'm the worst for you

You can always change your mind
And you, can't change mine
No you can't change mine

No comments:

Post a Comment