Tuesday, September 18, 2012

And Yet So Far

And Yet So Far by LyricalKris
Official Summary: When he found out he was a father to baby daughter, Edward had to grow up too fast. With a baby involved, nothing is ever as simple as what he wants. But after he met Bella, it always seemed like happiness was so close, and yet so far. Written for FAGE4

I read this fic a while ago and really enjoyed it but promptly forgot the name because I'm fail like that. But Twitter peeps came to my rescue. hooray!

Edward moves to town with his parents, younger brother, Emmett (who's adorbs!), and daughter, Elsie. He's young, teenager young, and of course meets Bella and has to explain who this toddler is and why he's tired all the time. Most everyone just assumed it's his kid sister.

Edward is a sweet guy, brother, son, and friend. While he finds a connection with Bella, he makes positive choices for himself that affect her. Bella makes some great decisions too with the help of her dad. This Charlie is the Charlie you want as your own father. Protective, strong, loving, proud. He's great. Without ruining the story, I'll simply say this fic covers many years, and as a reader you get to enjoy watching these two grow up and experience life and love.

With a rich plot, rich characters, and lyrical writing (see what I did there?) all packed tightly into 14 chapters, this fic is a winner in my book. Enjoy your first Teendaddyward. I did.

Team Jacob Safe.

1 comment:

  1. MWAH. You're made of awesome. Thank you. Teendaddyward has a special place in my heart.

    ReplyDelete