Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Dakota Skye

I've fallen in love. With a movie called Dakota Skye. With a soundtrack from said movie. And with a boy named Jonah . . . Jonah is sweet and cute and honest and deep and just everything sigh and wow, and where was he when I was 17? And he looks like this! And wears a beanie! And kisses girls in their kitchens. Seriously, where was he???




Beyond the fact that I loved the movie and the main characters, I also loved something else about it. It was filmed here, in Arizona, more specifically Scottsdale and therefor reminds me of Masen Days. There's seriously a scene that made me gasp because Jonah is sitting on a ledge at The Wedge. No joke. He's sitting there talking on the phone to Dakota. You can see it in the second movie clip. It's the actual Wedge skate park and not The Wedge which I described which is under the bridge. Either way, it's so cool. The movie really shows off Arizona -- with its sunsets and beautiful landscapes and even Hole in the Rock. This of course has me thinking Masen and why didn't he ever take Bella there. And now I want to write an outtake like now. Maybe I will. Don't hold your breath. Instead read the rest of this and go watch Dakota Skye! It's on Netflix right now!


Dakota Skye is about a girl who knows when people are lying. She hears the truth. Because of this she's become a bit apathetic to everything. Including her boyfriend Kevin -- whom she says she hates the least and whose looks don't make her want to vomit -- or something like that. Did I mention I'm in love with her too? I love Dakota. She's honest and mean and rude but wanting more and just determined that it will never come . . . until she meets Jonah -- Kevin's best friend. Dun dun duuuun!

The two are thrown together because he's in town to visit, and she gets to know him a bit. But more importantly, she gets to know that he doesn't lie. Ever. This is intriguing. And it becomes her mission to get him to lie. Which he won't. Because he's hot like that. I mean, I guess, I meant honest. Whatever. Same thing.

The friendship leads to being interested in each other which leads to boy-like, sighing while I'm watching, confessions of "like" and then the dream begins . . .


Movie Trailer


Movie Clips (Spoliers!!!) 

Here are some more clips if you're not convinced: http://vimeo.com/14568306

And the music is to die for!!! Here is  link to the soundtrack information, but I can't actually find a soundtrack. I loved the music though. All the music was done by The Mecry Kiss and Bay Dariz. If anyone finds more info on it, please let me know.

This is all I was able to find on Youtube . . .





More Music Links: Did You Mean Even One? If I Wanted To

There's a song that plays while Jonah and Dakota are in his car. It's beautiful. I have no idea what song it is, and it's none of the ones posted on IMBD. Arg!  These are the lyrics:
If you have just one, let me be that love
If you have lots of others, please let me be
Please let me be one
Let me be one
If you like undressing, please let me find
Out
If you like large intestines, please let me
Find
Please please please let me find out
Let me find out
If you're gone for weeks on end in crazy
Situations and don't know why you drive
Through cars in dirty foreign towns
Please let me find out
If you shield your eyes
For glory ever the time
And drag your mouth to smile
If sickness is your cover
I'll try not to look down
I'll try not to look down
For if you're sick of cradling
And dragging all my injuries
You can just say fuck right off
It's better than not knowing
Or if you're just as scared as me
If that's what it's about
Please let me find out

I found it! It's called Crush on Everyone by Onelinedrawing. Just listen; the video is crazy. Enjoy!


 It's also here . . . starts at 5 minutes in . . .

I may be obsessed. Just looking at the credits for the song listing, and here it is:
If I wanted To by The Mercy Kiss
Put on the Water to Boil by David Gluck
Did You Mean Even One by The Mercy Kiss
Baby Won't you Kiss my Lips by Bay Dariz
Close to This by The Mercy Kiss
Read my Mind by Bay Dariz
Crush on Everyone by Onelinedrawing aka Jonah Mantragna
My Heart Beats More Slowly by Bay Dariz
Got My List by Bay Dariz
Someone Else's Life by Joahua Radin

5 comments:

  1. Wow. Wow. My name is Chad and I wrote 'Dakota 'Skye'. I can't explain how moved I am by your post, thank you for your kind words about our film, especially about my friends who made the songs you loved. I promise I will tell them all.

    Please, if you have any questions or anything find me on Twitter. @chadjshonk

    Honestly. Thank you. The love of our film seems to be growing every day, but your affection here is the highlight of my week.

    Take care,
    Chad Shonk
    @chadjshonk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for replying, Chad. It was amazing to wake up to this. I'm so glad that I made the highlights of your week! I hope to check out your tumblr and anything else you happen to create, Dakota Skye or not!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I stumbled onto the movie on Netflix and watched it this weekend. It is Monday (now noon) and I am STILL thinking about it!! Chad, if you read this, you are truly talented and obviously hang with likewise people because I agree with Purely, the songs are wonderful. The casting could not have been better! I especially loved that none of the actors are too made up. Clean skin, not overly trendy cloths, realistic cars...I just cannot say enough about how great this movie is!! Well done you and well done Purely for blogging about it!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was honestly so moved by this movie. I watched it a week ago and still can't stop thinking about it. I loved the music so much I have been searching hi and low online to find all the songs and glad I found this site. Thank you for putting them on here. I think I have downloaded every song now.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is now my second favorite movie. I watched it yesterday and I just related so much to Dakota Skye. The entire plot is amazing. It pieced together so nicely and the acting was also great. I want to be an actress myself so I tend to step back and look at the movie in different ways, including the writing and cast of it as well as entertainment purposes. The acting was realistic, and showed how teenagers really act, instead of a glorified verson of it.
    But honestly, this movie really hit me hard. It made my life just a little bit better. As an 18 year old girl, I relate so much to Dakota Skye, and have the same attitude. The movie is beautiful and I cant even describe how much I love it. Now that I've watched it, It will always have a piece of my heart. I am watching it again tomorrow, and will soon be buying it on ebay. I've never had a movie make me so happy on a day when I wasn't feeling my best. I cant get enough. I am in love with this movie.

    ReplyDelete