Friday, February 3, 2012

Take What You Want Tidbits Chapter 16


Tumblr_luf6qxnzux1r1fowso1_1280_largeExcerpt . . .

When I get home, I close the door behind me. I think Edward got waylaid by his dog; I don’t mind, I like playing with Edward.

The doorknob jiggles, but doesn’t open.

“Hello,” he says, banging on the door.

“No soliciting.” I cover my mouth to muffle my laughter. He deserves it.

“Ha ha, schmoopy, open up.”

“I’m sorry, but I don’t think that’s a good idea.”

“Why not? I’m lonely out here all by myself. I miss you.” He’s so obnoxious but very adorable as well.

I open the door wide, placing my hand on my hip. “It’s not a good idea because my parents aren’t home.” I smile coyly, and he drops Bart’s leash and attacks me. His lips are firm against mine, his arms clamping down around me as he lifts me up awkwardly, pressing my body to his. Bart’s going bazonko barking as Edward’s carrying me into the house. He closes the door with his foot, and Bart yelps.

“Bart!” he shouts, snapping his head around to a closed door. “Oh, crap.” He laughs and opens the door, tying Bart to a post just outside it. He’s cursing and demeaning his dog as he struggles with the knots. I watch from behind, laughing at his frustration.

He swivels his head to glare, and I only laugh harder. He’s so cute all irritated like this. In fact, I like him irritated. I crouch down beside Edward, my hand on his back. “Calm down. The calmer you are, the faster you’ll be.” I run my hand up his back and into his hair. I come in close and whisper, “The faster you are, the more time we’ll have together.” I kiss him beneath his ear, and I swear Edward whimpers. He looks at me as I stand up and back away. When he’s up and the dog is situated, he slams the door. I take that as my cue to run.

This is so fun.

Tumblr_loh1wikerq1qd3478o1_500_large_large
Tumblr_lvsvioo36j1qk8huqo1_500_large
Tumblr_ll6yoynncs1qk13wjo1_500_large
Tumblr_lu78v1nfgt1qzznhro1_500_large
Tumblr_lrl16kfjgr1qlgjkro1_500_large
19859_250110268878_229142503878_3219464_8130557_n_large
Tumblr_lly0nf2ria1qfl5l9o1_400_large
Tumblr_lswmzldupk1qb3380o1_500_large

1 comment: