Saturday, January 14, 2012

Take What You Want Tidbits Chapter 8

Chapter 8: I'm Not Sure

Excerpt . . .

Edward steps up behind me, fingering my necklace, getting the clasp in the right spot. He runs his fingers up my neck and touches the tips of my ears. He tilts his head, getting a closer look at my earring. “J’aime une boucle d’oreille.” He runs his nose down my neck, breathing me in. “Man, why do you have to smell so good?”

Oh, dear.

Edward whispering French brings me really close to my breaking point, I think. It doesn’t even matter what he’s talking about. The second his breath brushes my neck I feel myself becoming weaker in every way.

His lips in such close proximity to my neck remind me of the night when he kissed me there. My stomach flutters, but I fight it. I’m with Mike. It’s not okay to be having lascivious thoughts about Edward when I’m Mike’s girlfriend. We’re just friends, I remind myself, then insult Edward.

Because that’s what I do.

“I’m making up for your stink.”

“Hey, I showered tonight.” Edward places his hands on my waist and drags a thumb underneath my shirt on my belly. It feels too good. More than ‘just friends’ good. Dammit.

“Good, and Jessica better thank me for that talk we had. I can’t believe you were only showering after you ran with your dad.”

“But that’s the best time. And I never knew when he’d want to run – morning or night. I don’t want to shower twice in a day. That’s weird.”

“You’re weird. And gross. So gross, Edward. So. Gross.”

“I know. I’m a groddy, disgusting boy. Yet, somehow, I’m the one with a significant other. Hmm, wonder what that means . . .”

“That you’re easy.”

He belts out a laugh, and I can’t keep my eyes off his stunning, happy reflection. He lets his head fall onto my shoulder where he continues to giggle, and I have the overwhelming urge to grip his hair and pull his head to mine to kiss him. Instead, I bonk his head with my own. “Are you done bothering me yet?”

Edward pops his head up, catching my eyes in the mirror. “Oh, I’ll never be done with you. Never.”

Tumblr_lpbtiduacs1qc7diyo1_500_large
Y_large
Tumblr_lvolet7ivk1r6kg39o1_500_large
Tumblr_lvyykzf5vx1qiaqpmo1_500_large
402101_3035687730373_1208341119_3355144_282202706_n_large

Thanks to aidan_momma for this picture which inspired the pool scene . . .
Tumblr_lqxyr72mgd1qabhnjo1_500_large
428162_10150644473442485_518747484_9288745_1531067218_n_large



2 comments:

  1. I cannot WAIT for the pool scene.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pool scene? Yes!!
    I'm really enjoying this. It makes me laugh. And DirtyFlirtWard is so cute.

    ReplyDelete