Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Masen N. Thoughtful with a little bit of awkward (and other cool nonsense)

Masen Days is rolling along just like Bella and Masen's relationship, so I thought I'd take a moment in this whirlwind of attention to say thank you to my readers and my writing team. It's truly amazing to hear all of the fun and kind things you have to say about Masen and Bella and my writing. Thank you so much! 


There are a few reviews that stick out to me. One in particular came from SaintKristen that I noted in the update today where she literally defined Masen and gave me a title for this post. Thanks!


A few others have given me a good laugh. Amynic1 had me in stitches today when she wrote, "She cut off the sex hair? NOOOOO." And last week MissPanda83 wrote, "No Snacks? Poor Masen." But,
Deranged-Daydreamer got me the best when she said, "Poor Edward. Does he have any tattoos?" I just love that our fandom is so concerned about Edward's appearance. We are so eclectic, and I love it! 


It's also fun to read about how concerned everyone is about what Masen is or isn't eating and about what he can do about his situation. I know that all of you are willing to house him and feed him. I'll let him know, but I'm certain you'll have to fight off Bella for a chance to do so. 


Of course there are also the reviews that make me feel insanely proud of my work. My good fic friend, AltheaJams wrote up a blog post about Masen today. She gave me the best compliment ever when she wrote, "I thought I'd read her story out of politeness but her writing and the charm of her characters won me over on their own merit." She also said, "It's been about 6 months since I've started reading a new fic. And wouldn't you know, it's purelyamuse who drags me back into the fold, kicking and screaming.

"She says that I helped push her to write her first Edward/Bella, being the citizen of Switzerland that she is. Having started her current WIP, I am thrilled to have had any hand at all in her writing it. I started reading Masen Days because I wanted to support purely for the fic's readalong, but now I'm jonesing for my next hit."

She then goes on to tell you why you should read Masen Days. I don't even have words to describe how her kind words have affected me. They're very humbling. Thanks, Althea! In case you didn't know, I also have Althea to thank for introducing me to my preader _ss77_. That happened on twitter very nonchalant like. And Perrymaxed, my beta, met me through Althea's contest fanfic my fanfic when I was desperate for a beta because I had never written an Edward piece before. So, basically, you should all thank Althea because without her this fic probably wouldn't exist. Seriously, ya'll.

 And in other exciting not sappy, lovey-dovey, icky news, Masen Days is on The Lemondae Stand poll. I feel very honored to be there. The four fics with the most votes get featured on the site and are pimped to high heavens. Sure would be exciting. If you'd like to vote you need to do so ASAP as the poll closes tomorrow. You can do that on their blog.

Masen will make an appearance in the form of a outtake entitled The Day Masen Goes to Not-Prom for Fandom for Texas Wildfire Relief. If you'd like to see it, please get your donations in ASAP. 

Oh, one last thing . . . there's a boy reading my story. I know! His name is Jordan, I think. Hi, Jordan! He said he's like Masen -- quiet and reserved. I like him already. Alas, I am happily married. Oh, well. 

Have great week everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment