Tuesday, November 9, 2010

In Pursuit of Normalcy

In Pursuit of Normalcy by KariAnn
http://www.twilighted.net/viewstory.php?sid=3545
Summary: Nessie Cullen is living on the island of Oahu, where she escaped to avoid the unpleasant truths surrounding her very existence. What happens when Jacob Black makes an abrupt reappearance in her life? *Indie Award Winner * Bellie Award Nominee*


This story is amazing. Like, buy it at Barnes and Noble amazing. I should really put it on my favorites list.

Book I
Nessie becomes upset when she hears the circumstances of her birth and how initially Jacob wanted to kill her. Now, in love with Jacob, she wonders if he would want her at all if he hadn't imprinted. this first book is her journey regrading that matter. It is interlaced with her and Jacob's history.

Book II
Once that issue is resolved, another is created. Felix, of the Volturi falls for Nessie and comes up with a plan to impregnate her creating an ultimate vampire with the ability to blend in. Due to his interest in her, Nessie and Jake find themselves caught in the eye of the storm.

This story will make you laugh, cry, get frustrated, and fall in love with Jake all over again. Nessie is well written and the story is beyond complicated and so brilliant. Read it!

Team Edward safe.

This is one of my favorite passages in fanfiction. I laugh every time I read it.
Excerpt from Chapter 20 Union regarding baby names...

At night, Jacob and I would stay up late, talking for hours in the same cramped room he’d lived in most of his life.  His warm, protective arms enveloping me and the growing child in my belly, we’d discuss baby names, never agreeing on anything.  “Noah for a boy and Jaden for a girl,” I’d said decisively one evening, two months after I’d been back.   I was lying cocooned in his arms, wearing one of his over-sized t-shirts as I flipped through one of the baby name books that Alice had slipped in my suitcase.
“Noah?” he’d said with a playful frown, the sound of his husky voice vibrating through my body as I lay molded into his side.  “Jaden?  You’re joking, right?” Reaching for the glass of water on the rickety nightstand, he brought it to his lips, taking several large gulps.
“What’s wrong with Jaden?” I’d replied with a laugh, swatting him with the book.  “I’m sorry – am I not being creative enough?  Maybe we should employ my mom’s baby-naming tactics.  If it’s a boy, we’ll name him after both our fathers.  We’ll call him Billward.”
Jacob choked on the water at that suggestion.
Later...
“So have you decided on a name for your bundle of joy?” my grandpa asked, effectively changing the subject as he indicated the slight swell of my stomach beneath my wedding dress.
“Noah for a boy,” I replied at the exact moment that Jacob said, “Trinity for a girl.”
“Ugh, Noah?” Jacob asked, looking incredulous.  “I thought we agreed that was out.”
“Trinity?” I countered, my eyebrows shooting to my hairline.  “Trinity?  I’m sorry, but when did we discuss naming our child after The Matrix?
“Um… how ‘bout the same night we talked about the possibility that our baby will grow up to build an ark?”
I laughed at that.  “Obviously, we’re still deciding,” I said to the table at large.

No comments:

Post a Comment